We all know that cooking with herbs and spices add amazing flavour to our home cooked meals. Well, herbs and spices do more than that! They give your meal a nutrition boost.
Herbs and spices have antibacterial and antiviral properties and most are high in B-vitamins and trace minerals. In fact, most contain more disease-fighting antioxidants than some fruits and vegetables.
Additionally, a little bit of spice can reduce, if not remove the need for excess salt, thus limiting your sodium intake which is essential in preventing high blood pressure.
Come on, learn more about herbs and spices for health and let’s spice up your life!
the health benefits
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, aids digestion and relieves stress
- Rich source of magnesium and vitamin A.
- Anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, aids digestion and combats insomnia.
- Good source of fibre, iron, vitamin K.
- Anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, aids digestion, and improve blood circulation.
- Rich source of manganese, iron, calcium and fibre.
- Anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, aid digestion and boost immune system,
- Good source of manganese, fibre, vitamin C and K.
- Antibacterial, anti-diabetic, aids digestion and control cholesterol.
- Good source of manganese, iron, magnesium and vitamin C.
- Aids digestion, boost the immune system, combats insomnia and enhances memory.
- Rich in iron, vitamin B6 and C.
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, control cholesterol levels, improve bone density and good for skin.
- Rich source of fibre, manganese, calcium, iron and vitamin K.
- Antioxidant, boosts memory, concentration and relieves stress.
- Contains fibre, iron, and calcium.
- Antibacterial, antioxidant, boost the immune system, control blood pressure and improve blood circulation.
- Good source of fibre, iron, manganese and vitamin A and C.
- Antibacterial, control blood pressure and provide relief for arthritis.
- Good source of manganese, iron, and vitamin B6.
A short guide to the medical definition used
Antibacterial – Inhibiting the growth of bacterial
Anti-diabetic – Control blood sugar level
Anti-inflammatory – Preventing or reducing inflammatory
Antimicrobial – Inhibiting the growth of microorganism
Antioxidant – Protect the body from damage caused by harmful molecules called free radicals.
If you know more about other herbs and spices health benefits, please feel free to share your knowledge here. I am eager to know more…